Damen Shipyards Group has delivered three tugs to Ecuador’s Corpetrolsa Group of Guayaquil.
Corpetrolsa Group operates a fleet of tankers in the 2,000DWT to 7,000DWT range and the three new tugs will be used to assist them in the Ecuadorean ports of Esmeraldas and La Libertad.
They will be operated by subsidiary DLEN to support its bunkering operation.
Reaching a top speed of 9.7 knots, the smallest tug has a nine-tonne bollard pull and measures 13.0 metres by 5.2 metres.
The others - measuring 16.7 metres by 5.9 metres - have a 16-tonne bollard pull and a top speed of 11.2 knots.
The vessels were supplied in their standard format without modifications.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia