Damen Shipyards Group has delivered three tugs to Ecuador’s Corpetrolsa Group of Guayaquil.
Corpetrolsa Group operates a fleet of tankers in the 2,000DWT to 7,000DWT range and the three new tugs will be used to assist them in the Ecuadorean ports of Esmeraldas and La Libertad.
They will be operated by subsidiary DLEN to support its bunkering operation.
Reaching a top speed of 9.7 knots, the smallest tug has a nine-tonne bollard pull and measures 13.0 metres by 5.2 metres.
The others - measuring 16.7 metres by 5.9 metres - have a 16-tonne bollard pull and a top speed of 11.2 knots.
The vessels were supplied in their standard format without modifications.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Awilco orders second semi-submersible drilling rig from Keppel FELS
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang cuts steel for seven tugs for COSCO Shipping Bulk
- Royal IHC to build second TSHD for National Marine Dredging Company
- McDermott awarded Middle East offshore EPCI contract
- Topaz and BP sign contract extension for 12 vessels