Turkey’s Uzmar Shipyard has started construction of its 100th tug.
Designed by Robert Allan Ltd, the milestone azimuthing stern drive (ASD) will be built for SAAM-SMIT Towage Canada and operate on Canada’s west coast.
Scheduled for delivery in the first quarter of 2019, the escort tug will support ships in terminals and provide towing operations from the stern.
Featuring an IMO Tier III emissions-compliant propulsion package, the vessel will be equipped with gas detection, explosion-proof deck equipment and off-ship fire-fighting capabilities.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west