Tianjin Port in China is increasing its towage capabilities with the addition of four new Robert Allan Ltd-designed tugs.
The port has ordered two azimuthing stern drive (ASD) tugs from Sanlin Shipyard in Shanghai and two ASD tugs from Jiangsu Zhenjiang Shipyard.
The custom tugs will be constructed to comply with China Classification Society (CCS) requirements for intelligent ship (i-Ship) notation.
Under the i-Ship notation, they will be equipped with smart-sailing, smart-hull, smart-engineroom, efficiency management and control centre systems.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Collision with tanker may have caused fishing boat to capsize, Norwegian investigators claim
- Piriou begins building OPV trio for Argentina
- Sevmash Shipbuilding launches drone-capable submarine
- Qatar Petroleum initiates shipbuilding programme for more than 100 new LNG carriers
- TechnipFMC awarded ConocoPhillips EPCI contract