I regret to advise that my old friend Allan Brunton-Reed died on December 2 at his home in Trowbridge, UK, after a seven-month battle with pancreatic cancer.
Allan was a member of an illustrious family of maritime publishers. They had been in the business for 250 years! He lived for and loved the business and spent most of his lengthy career building up his Tug & OSV group of a magazine and annual exhibitions and conferences. As a competitor, I have to acknowledge that they were top class and top quality.
As a result, Allan had many friends from all sectors of the tug and OSV business from all over the world. He was well known and well liked. His efforts on behalf of the industry were much appreciated. He died much too young.
Allan will be sadly missed. Our sympathies and condolences go to his family.
Latest from Neil Baird
- Vale: Tan Sri Dr. Frank Tsao Wen King
- BOOK REVIEW | The Containership Register 2019
- EDITORIAL | Despite IMO disinterest, ferry safety consciousness improves
- EDITORIAL | Justice prevails in latest Estonia litigation
- BOOK REVIEW | Turning Point – The Battle for Milne Bay 1942: Japan’s First Land Defeat in World War II