Zvezdochka Shipyard has commenced a final series of factory trials of Akademik Alexandrov, the first oceanographic research vessel to be built under Project 20183.
The vessel's onboard systems will undergo performance tests prior to its hand-over to the Russian Navy for acceptance trials. Delivery is scheduled for the end of July.
Akademik Alexandrov will also be able to perform secondary missions such as search and rescue (SAR) and limited cargo and personnel transport.
- Szczecin, Gdynia maritime offices to get two new research vessels in 2020
Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- Jianglong launches first of three patrol boats for CMSA's Fujian branch
Russia bans Norwegian cruise ship from sailing through Arctic waters
- First steel cut for Interlake Steamship's newest bulker
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy