Zvezdochka Shipyard has commenced a final series of factory trials of Akademik Alexandrov, the first oceanographic research vessel to be built under Project 20183.
The vessel's onboard systems will undergo performance tests prior to its hand-over to the Russian Navy for acceptance trials. Delivery is scheduled for the end of July.
Akademik Alexandrov will also be able to perform secondary missions such as search and rescue (SAR) and limited cargo and personnel transport.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service