L3 Technologies and Sonardyne International have unveiled a new series of autonomous surface vehicles (ASVs) featuring 6G-enabled tracking and communications systems.
L3’s C-Stat 2 and C-Stat 3 autonomous vessels will be fitted with Sonardyne’s 6G sensors optimised for data gathering and subsea positioning.
C-Stat 2 will be able to perform a range of tasks such as positioning of underwater assets and seismic cable lay operations while C-Stat 3 will primarily operate as a tracking and communications gateway for autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs).
The ASVs will be made available to clients in the defence, offshore, and ocean science sectors.
- HMS Lancaster gets new radar, air defence system following overhaul
- PSV delivered to Seacor and COSCO joint venture
- Heerema to provide T&I services for largest offshore wind farm in US
- Höegh LNG executes 18-month interim time charter with Cheniere
- COLUMN | McDermott International acquisition “spent $16 million on hookers” in Colombian corruption claim [Offshore Accounts]