Kawasaki Heavy Industries has launched Kawasaki Subsea, its newest subsidiary specialising in the production, sale, and post-servicing of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs).
The new subsidiary will be based in Aberdeen, Scotland, and is expected to launch its first AUV in fiscal year 2020.
The first Kawasaki-built AUV will be deployed on subsea pipeline inspection duties.
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding
- Shearwater awarded Senegal offshore acquisition contract
- COLUMN | UK maritime autonomous system programmes gather momentum [Naval Gazing]
- Solstad secures PSV contract, extensions
- Sentinel Marine unveils first images of new ERRV trio