Kawasaki Heavy Industries has launched Kawasaki Subsea, its newest subsidiary specialising in the production, sale, and post-servicing of autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs).
The new subsidiary will be based in Aberdeen, Scotland, and is expected to launch its first AUV in fiscal year 2020.
The first Kawasaki-built AUV will be deployed on subsea pipeline inspection duties.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy