A Philippine maritime training institute christened the newest addition to its fleet of vessels on Thursday, November 8.
The John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) vessel has been named Capt John B. Lacson after the institute’s founder.
The 71.92-metre long vessel was originally an Arctic regions-capable containership delivered to German operator Vega Reederei in 1977. It has been converted to accommodate 200 deck cadets in addition to a crew of 33.
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Fifty rescued from submerged tour boat in Davao City, Philippines
- Philippine authorities launch probe into oil leak from grounded dredger
- Taizhou Kouan delivers 38,000DWT bulker to Schulte Group