Bureau Veritas has awarded approval in principle (AiP) to a new vessel concept design that could provide clean power and water more efficiently and cost-effectively than conventional solutions.
MODEC has developed a floating storage, regasification, water-desalination and power-generation (FSRWP) vessel concept to address global key water and energy needs from a floating platform.
As a new concept, the design is not covered by existing classification society rules but Bureau Veritas developed new approaches to classification for this vessel, based on risk mitigation around new technology and requirements.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Over 200 evacuated following chemical leak on Swedish ferry
- Turkey abandons salvage efforts on sunken cargo ship
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- Prosafe platform gets fourth contract extension under Equinor