Colombo Dockyard has laid the keels of two pilot launches ordered by the Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA).
The MacDuff-designed vessels will each have a length of 19 metres, a service speed of 22 knots, and accommodations for four pilots and four crew.
The launches are designed to be stable even under rough sea conditions, ensuring pilots' safety during embarking and disembarking.
- Szczecin, Gdynia maritime offices to get two new research vessels in 2020
Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- Jianglong launches first of three patrol boats for CMSA's Fujian branch
- First steel cut for Interlake Steamship's newest bulker
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy