Puerto Rico’s San Juan Bay Pilots has placed an order for a new pilot boat with Safehaven Marine.
This vessel will be the forty-first pilot boat to be built by Safehaven.
The new pilot boat will have an LOA of 15 metres, a width of 4.4 metres, a draught of 1.35 metres, and seating capacity for up to eight pilots plus one crew. Twin Volvo D13 372kW engines will give the vessel an operational speed of 25 knots.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding