Goodchild Marine Services has secured a contract with Dublin Port Company to construct a new pilot boat.
The deal will see a new 17-metre vessel delivered to Dublin Port in July 2019 by the Norfolk-based boat builder.
The vessel is designed by Pantocarene and adapted by Goodchild for the local market.
It will feature fuel efficiency, reduced emissions, and the ability to handle high speeds in bad weather owing to a beak bow design, which can steady the hull of the boat as it pitches into the sea.
A separate, flexibly mounted wheelhouse will help mitigate noise and vibration, while the hull form will reduce fuel consumption due to minimal drag.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west
- VESSEL REVIEW | Njord Zenith – BMT’s new crewboat for Njord Offshore
- Australia set to stop northern summer sheep exports
- VESSEL REVIEW | Sea Express II – SeaCat Ships’ new 29-metre Caribbean eco-ferry