A contract to build a fixed firefighting vessel has been won by a partnership in Cowes.
The partnership was formed by Aluminium Marine Consultants, Isle of Wight Shipbuilding and firefighting equipment supplier Angloco.
The 14-metre vessel will be built in Cowes, with a delivery date set for February 2019.
It will have a maximum speed of 33 knots and have a capacity to supply up to 4,500 litres per minute of water.
- Malta to receive new patrol boat in 2020
- Seacor Marine and COSCO Zhoushan sign PSV trio contract
- FEATURE | UK-US naval exercises in the disputed South China Sea
Rodman and Aqualiner sign catamaran ferry contract
Fincantieri to build Explorer class ship for Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance