A contract to build a fixed firefighting vessel has been won by a partnership in Cowes.
The partnership was formed by Aluminium Marine Consultants, Isle of Wight Shipbuilding and firefighting equipment supplier Angloco.
The 14-metre vessel will be built in Cowes, with a delivery date set for February 2019.
It will have a maximum speed of 33 knots and have a capacity to supply up to 4,500 litres per minute of water.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia