Italian boatbuilder Gloss Yachts has launched a new series of 9.5-metre multi-role catamarans to be powered entirely by electricity.
Each vessel in the series may be configured as a 12-passenger water taxi, a dive boat, a rescue craft, or a light cargo transport. Propulsion will be provided by twin engines, each of which could range in output from 15 kW to 100 kW.
The first units are expected to be available in the spring of 2020.
- Tour boat damaged, five injured following collision with yacht near Aeolian Islands
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
Venice's ban on cruise ships to take effect next month
- MODEC, Mitsui develop new hull design for FPSOs
Meyer Turku begins building second ship in series for Costa Cruises
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy