Canadian ferry operator Marine Atlantic has issued a request for qualifications (RFQ) in line with its recently launched competitive process for the procurement of a new Ro-Pax.
The RFQ is the first stage in the procurement and is intended to identify and shortlist applicants who will be eligible to participate in the second phase, a request for proposals (RFP) process.
The RFQ is open to domestic and international bidders who have an interest in supplying a new vessel for the company. Posting will close in the fourth quarter of 2019 and the subsequent RFP will be issued following a detailed review of the RFQ responses.
The new vessel is expected to enter service in fiscal year 2023-2024.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy