The laying of the keel section of a new EUR144 million (US$172 million) Ro-Pax being built for Irish Ferries has taken place at Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft where the vessel is under construction.
The 55,000-tonne vessel will be delivered next July. It will enter year–round service on the Dublin-Holyhead and Ireland-France routes.
The ship will have space for 1,885 passengers and crew, 440 cabins including luxury suites with their own private balconies, and almost three kilometres of car deck space.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy