Brittany Ferries has confirmed the names of two ships set to join the company's fleet during the 2019-2023 timeframe.
Kerry will be the name for the one-year charter vessel arriving in November 2019. As previously announced, the ship will cover the Cork to Santander route from November 2019 to November 2020.
The company has also revealed that Santoña has been chosen as the name for the company's third E-Flexer class ship. To be chartered from Stena, Santoña is part of the company's €550 million (US$620 million) fleet renewal programme.
Santoña will arrive in 2023 and will be the third LNG-powered vessel to join the Brittany Ferries fleet.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Over 200 evacuated following chemical leak on Swedish ferry
- Turkey abandons salvage efforts on sunken cargo ship
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- Prosafe platform gets fourth contract extension under Equinor