Stena Edda, Stena Line’s second E-Flexer series Ro-Pax, was floated out of AVIC Weihai Shipyard in China on Monday, April 15.
The vessel is scheduled to enter service on the Belfast-Liverpool route in the spring of 2020.
Once completed, Stena Edda will have a length of 215 metres, capacity for 1,000 passengers and crew, and freight capacity of 3,100 lane metres for up to 120 vehicles.
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Delivery of Russian submarine Kazan to be delayed
- Jan De Nul launches fourth ultra-low emission vessel