Stena Edda, Stena Line’s second E-Flexer series Ro-Pax, was floated out of AVIC Weihai Shipyard in China on Monday, April 15.
The vessel is scheduled to enter service on the Belfast-Liverpool route in the spring of 2020.
Once completed, Stena Edda will have a length of 215 metres, capacity for 1,000 passengers and crew, and freight capacity of 3,100 lane metres for up to 120 vehicles.
- Szczecin, Gdynia maritime offices to get two new research vessels in 2020
Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- Jianglong launches first of three patrol boats for CMSA's Fujian branch
- First steel cut for Interlake Steamship's newest bulker
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy