Deltamarin has signed a €4 million (US$4.51 million) contract with Rauma Marine Constructions (RMC) for the design of a car passenger ferry for Finnish-Swedish consortium Kvarken Link.
Deltamarin’s commission covers basic and detail design services for all hull and machinery areas.
The work will be carried out over a period of 13 to 14 months at Deltamarin’s offices in Finland and Poland with the assistance of network companies.
The 1A super ice class Ro-Pax ferry will have a freight capacity of 1,500 lane-metres for trucks on two cargo decks and will be able to accommodate 800 passengers. The machinery will run on a dual fuel and battery solution.
The main source of fuel is LNG though the vessel will also be able to utilise liquefied biogas (LBG).
The vessel is scheduled to be delivered in 2021. It will operate daily in the Kvarken region between the cities of Vaasa in Finland and Umeå in Sweden.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding