Australia’s Incat has delivered a newbuild 110-metre catamaran Ro-Pax to Virtu Ferries of Malta.
The vessel left Incat’s shipyard in Hobart on Wednesday, February 6, and is expected to arrive in Valletta’s Grand Harbour before the end of the month.
Named Saint John Paul II after the late former Pope, the DNV GL-classed vessel has a deadweight of 1,000 tonnes, a capacity for 1,134 passengers, and 490 truck lane metres that could accommodate up to 23 heavy commercial trailers or 167 cars.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding