Hypatia de Alejandría, Baleària’s recently acquired LNG-powered Ro-Pax vessel, has sailed on its maiden voyage with the Spanish ferry operator.
The vessel was delivered straight from Visentini Shipyard in Venice to Barcelona on Sunday, January 27. It then sailed from Barcelona to Palma for its maiden voyage with Baleària three days later.
The voyage makes Hypatia de Alejandría the first LNG-powered passenger ferry to sail operationally in the Mediterranean.
Hypatia de Alejandría’s sister ship Marie Curie will join the Baleària fleet within this year.
Lake Assault Boats delivers fire and rescue craft to Waco Fire Department
- Ocean Infinity wraps up Grande America wreck inspection
- Aberdeen RNLI’s newest lifeboat named in honour of helicopter crash victim
- Linde-G delivered to Rederij Groen
- Kership delivers final one of four B2M patrol ships to French Navy
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Collision with tanker may have caused fishing boat to capsize, Norwegian investigators claim
- Piriou begins building OPV trio for Argentina
- Sevmash Shipbuilding launches drone-capable submarine
- Qatar Petroleum initiates shipbuilding programme for more than 100 new LNG carriers
- TechnipFMC awarded ConocoPhillips EPCI contract