Irish Continental Group (ICG) has received €230 million (US$262.21 million) in funding from the European Investment Bank (EIB) for the construction of three additional Ro-Pax vessels for use by subsidiary Irish Ferries.
The two smaller vessels of the three will belong in a series and will operate along the Dublin-Holyhead and Dublin-Cherbourg routes while the third vessel will be the largest in the Irish Ferries fleet in terms of capacity with proposed accommodations for up to 1,800 passengers and crew and 1,526 cars or 300 trucks.
Delivery of the third vessel is scheduled for 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia