The Ro-Pax ferry WB Yeats was delivered on Wednesday, December 12, to Irish Continental Group.
The vessel was built by German shipbuilder Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesselschaft (FSG) at a contract price of €144 million (US$163.97 million).
WB Yeats will accommodate 1,800 passengers in 440 cabins including luxury suites. The vessel’s deck space can accommodate 2,800 lane metres of freight for a total of 165 freight vehicles plus up to 300 passenger cars on an additional dedicated car deck.
WB Yeats will now undergo commissioning with Irish Ferries and is expected to commence services initially on the Dublin to Holyhead route in early January 2019 before switching to the Dublin to France route in March 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Awilco orders second semi-submersible drilling rig from Keppel FELS
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang cuts steel for seven tugs for COSCO Shipping Bulk
- Royal IHC to build second TSHD for National Marine Dredging Company
- McDermott awarded Middle East offshore EPCI contract
- Topaz and BP sign contract extension for 12 vessels