The Ro-Pax ferry WB Yeats was delivered on Wednesday, December 12, to Irish Continental Group.
The vessel was built by German shipbuilder Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesselschaft (FSG) at a contract price of €144 million (US$163.97 million).
WB Yeats will accommodate 1,800 passengers in 440 cabins including luxury suites. The vessel’s deck space can accommodate 2,800 lane metres of freight for a total of 165 freight vehicles plus up to 300 passenger cars on an additional dedicated car deck.
WB Yeats will now undergo commissioning with Irish Ferries and is expected to commence services initially on the Dublin to Holyhead route in early January 2019 before switching to the Dublin to France route in March 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia