German operator TT-Line and Jinling Shipyard in China have signed a contract for the construction of an LNG-powered Ro-Pax ferry with an option for a second vessel.
The vessel is expected to be delivered in 2022.
It will have a length of 230 metres, a width of 31 metres, and a gross displacement of 45,000 tonnes. There will also be accommodation for 800 passengers and 200 trucks and trailers.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic