The dive vessels Amelia and Johan, 9.75- by 3.96-metre high-tunnel catamarans, recently arrived in Honokohau Harbor, Hawaii.
Aquatic Life Divers selected Armstrong Marine to build the two vessels in 2018.
Twin Yamaha 223kW outboards, paired with SeaStar steering, power each sister ship.
The 16-passenger USCG Subchapter T dive boats also feature fly bridge helm stations, dive tank racks, head packages, custom storage tables for camera equipment and dive weights, fresh water showers, and Garmin navigation.
Aquatic Life Divers will debut the vessels at a grand opening party on November 3 in Honokonau Harbor.
In addition to providing scuba and snorkel charters, Amelia and Johan will support Aquatic Life Divers’ participation in the Reef Check Worldwide EcoDiver programme.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance