Dutch shipbuilder Shipyard de Hoop has cut steel for a new 100-passenger expedition cruise vessel for Monaco-based Silversea Cruises.
The vessel, which will be named Silver Origin, will serve the Galapagos Islands itinerary currently sailed by the 1990-built Silver Galapagos.
Silver Origin is scheduled for delivery in March 2020.
- Wuchang Shipbuilding launches submersible mothership
- Eastern Shipbuilding launches new escort/rescue tug for McAllister Towing
- Pakistan Navy’s newest survey ship launched
- Baltic Workboats floats out first of three patrol vessels for German customs service
- Sea trials completed for Royal Navy’s newest River-class OPV
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west