Canadian Ro-Pax operator BC Ferries has issued a request for expressions of interest (RFEOI) for the procurement of five new major vessels.
The RFEOI is the first step in the procurement and competitive bidding process, which is open to local, national, and international shipyards, including consortiums.
These vessels are anticipated to begin entering service in 2023 on BC Ferries’ major routes between Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island.
The five new ships will replace Queen of Alberni (pictured), Queen of New Westminster, Queen of Cowichan, and Queen of Coquitlam, and will introduce an additional vessel to the fleet.
Chelsea Logistics orders Ro-Pax from Fukuoka Shipbuilding
in Ro-Pax World
- Island Tug and Barge christens Island Regent
- US warship allides with moored bulker in Montreal
Oceanwide Expeditions orders second 107m cruise ship in series
- Canadian Surface Combatant programme to cost C$8 billion more than previous estimate, PBO report states
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service