Austal has commenced construction on the first of two 117-metre high-speed passenger trimaran ferries for Fred. Olsen for operation in the Canary Islands.
These ferries will be capable of transferring over 1,100 passengers and 276 cars at speeds up to 38 knots.
The contract with Fred. Olsen for two 117-metre trimarans is worth A$190 million (US$138 million) and was awarded to Austal in October 2017.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding