Tsuneishi Facilities and Craft recently delivered a new 61-tonne aluminium alloy passenger vessel to ferry operator Shikoku Kisen.
The vessel, named Red Bird, will serve the regular ferry routes connecting Naoshima to Uno Port (in Tamano City, Okayama Prefecture) and Takamatsu Port (in Takamatsu City, Kagawa Prefecture).
Red Bird is the first vessel built by Tsuneishi Facilities and Craft that weighs over 60 tonnes.
The 96-passenger vessel is 26.65 metres long and five metres wide. Maximum speed is 28.6 knots while service speed is 24 knots.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | John Duigan – King Island’s new purpose-built landing craft
- Philippine Coast Guard commissions first two 24m patrol boats
- VESSEL REVIEW | Cap de Fer – Vittoria Shipyard returns to tug building
- CMA CGM containership crashes into dock near Mumbai
- Karstensens delivers pelagic trawler to Irish owner