Royal Caribbean Cruises has completed its acquisition of ultra-luxury and expedition cruise company Silversea Cruises.
Regulators green-lighted Royal Caribbean’s purchase of a 66.7 per cent equity stake in Silversea Cruises, based on an enterprise value of approximately US$2 billion.
Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio will remain Executive Chairman of Silversea and retain a 33.3 per cent stake.
The companies also announced a multi-year initiative to enhance Silversea’s ultra-luxury offerings. Enhancements range from product upgrades to magnified ship revitalisation programs.
With Silversea joining the RCL line-up alongside Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, TUI Cruises and Pullmantur Cruceros, the Royal Caribbean Cruises fleet now numbers 59 ships with an additional 15 on order.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic