On July 12, Norwegian Cruise Line ordered the construction of two Leonardo-class cruise ships from Fincantieri.
Options for the construction of the two ships were included in an agreement signed in February 2017 for the construction of four ships of the same build.
These ships will weigh 140,000 tonnes, be 300 metres long, and will accommodate 3,300 guests.
Delivery of the newbuild is scheduled for 2026 and 2027.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Future amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli completes builder's trials
- South Korean bulker boarded by pirates in South China Sea
- Saipem tapped to build wind farm offshore Saudi Arabia
- Hapag Lloyd, ONE to launch Middle East-India-Africa service
- Taiwan's first locally-built windfarm barge sails on maiden voyage