Sangoro Marine Transport has begun sea trials for a new Ro-Pax ferry being built for the Tanzanian Government.
Mwanza cost TSh8.9 billion (US$3.9 million) and began building on August 28, 2017. It was launched on June 29, this year.
The vessel will be deployed between Kigogo and Busisi.
The ferry will be able to carry 250 tonnes, or 36 cars and 1,000 passengers at the same time.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- BP oil rig voyage to North Sea repeatedly hindered by protesters
- VESSEL REVIEW | Ada Clara – Ultra-luxurious multi-role fishing vessel for Western Australia
- Burnham-on-Sea RNLI christens newest lifeboat
- Wight Shipyard launches new windfarm support vessel series
- Matson christens first Kanaloa-class Con-Ro