A new cruise ship for Oceanwide Expeditions has been launched by Croatia's Brodosplit Shipyard.
Hondius is the first Polar Class 6-registered vessel in the world and will be used for cruises around the polar regions.
The ship has an LOA of 107.6 metres, breadth of 17.6 metres and draught of 5.3 metres. It will travel at a speed of 15 knots and carry 27 crew members as well as 174 passengers across 82 cabins.
- Szczecin, Gdynia maritime offices to get two new research vessels in 2020
Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- Jianglong launches first of three patrol boats for CMSA's Fujian branch
- First steel cut for Interlake Steamship's newest bulker
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy