Following a €3 million (US$3.5 million) investment by Doolin2Aran Ferries, the Star of Doolin arrived in Doolin yesterday.
According to the owner, the 200-seat passenger ferry is the fastest and most environmentally sustainable passenger vessel operating on Ireland’s west coast.
The vessel was built in La Rochelle, France with parts manufactured at five sites around Europe.
It will primarily be used for transport to and from Doolin and Aran Island, halving current travel times.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy