Following a €3 million (US$3.5 million) investment by Doolin2Aran Ferries, the Star of Doolin arrived in Doolin yesterday.
According to the owner, the 200-seat passenger ferry is the fastest and most environmentally sustainable passenger vessel operating on Ireland’s west coast.
The vessel was built in La Rochelle, France with parts manufactured at five sites around Europe.
It will primarily be used for transport to and from Doolin and Aran Island, halving current travel times.
WB Yeats delivered to Irish Continental Group
in Ro-Pax World
- Cemre to build trawler pair for Atlantic Dawn Group
Safehaven to build pilot boat for Puerto Rico
- Karstensens delivers pelagic trawler to Irish owner
Safehaven Marine to build 14m pilot boat for Norway's Fonnes Batservice
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance
- VESSEL REVIEW | Harald – Flexible landing craft for Stockholm archipelago