Royal Caribbean International’s Independence of the Seas has left on her inaugural cruise to Paris after extensive renovations.
Dubbed the “ultimate family ship” with its new dining and entertainment offerings, the 15-deck Independence of the Seas includes a virtual reality bungee trampoline, glow-in-the-dark laser tag, a timed escape room, interactive aqua park and two racing waterslides.
Royal Caribbean has also added new lounges and panoramic oceanview staterooms with floor-to-ceiling views to the 3,858-guest vessel.
Independence of the Seas will sail itineraries from her United Kingdom homeport of Southampton to destinations across Europe and the Mediterranean until November.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance