A zero-emissions electric water taxi has been demonstrated on Lake Geneva in Switzerland as part of a pilot project.
The demonstration vessel known as SeaBubbles will next month be equipped with ABB Ability’s Octopus marine advisory system, which gathers and analyses data to optimise travel.
The system enables ABB to provide real-time data to the SeaBubbles control centre, covering virtually every aspect of the vessel’s operating status.
The craft has been developed with the Geneva cantonal authorities and the Department of Energy, Transport and Agriculture.
More trials will be held in coming months.
Naming ceremony held for Proman Shipping’s newest methanol carrier
in Tanker World
- Switzerland rejects flagging of search and rescue vessel
- Solstad Offshore PSVs awarded contract by Allseas
- VESSEL REVIEW | SeaBubbles – Electric hydrofoil water taxi launched on Lake Geneva
- BMT unveils new water taxi vessel designs for Hong Kong
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west