A zero-emissions electric water taxi has been demonstrated on Lake Geneva in Switzerland as part of a pilot project.
The demonstration vessel known as SeaBubbles will next month be equipped with ABB Ability’s Octopus marine advisory system, which gathers and analyses data to optimise travel.
The system enables ABB to provide real-time data to the SeaBubbles control centre, covering virtually every aspect of the vessel’s operating status.
The craft has been developed with the Geneva cantonal authorities and the Department of Energy, Transport and Agriculture.
More trials will be held in coming months.
- Capital Product Partners secures MSC long-term charters for two containerships
- Samsung Heavy Industries delivers world's largest containership to MSC
- BP oil rig voyage to North Sea repeatedly hindered by protesters
- Diana Shipping, SwissMarine sign time charter contract for Capesize bulker
- Allseas wins Equinor decommissioning contract