Fincantieri has started construction work on Seven Seas Splendor, the second cruise ship to be built for Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
The steel-cutting ceremony for the 224-metre, 55,500GT vessel was held in Ancona.
Accommodating 754 passengers in 375 suites, the newbuilding is scheduled for delivery in early 2020.
Seven Seas Splendor was ordered for €422 million (US$518 million) in March 2016.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west