Red Funnel’s Ro-Pax ferry Red Eagle has returned to service between Southampton, England and East Cowes on the Isle of Wight after a £3 million (US$4 million) interior refit.
The renovation replicates work carried out on Red Falcon in 2014 and Red Osprey in 2015 by Southampton-based Trimline, SMS marine engineering and Wight Shipyard Company.
Dry docked at A&P's yard in Falmouth, the vessel had its hull and superstructure repainted as part of the refit, which included increasing internal seating capacity and adding a galley, new toilets, a pet lounge, a purpose-built signature lounge with library, and a wheelchair-friendly promenade walk and sun deck.
High-capacity Wi-Fi, USB charging points, LED lighting, air conditioning and digital entertainment are other features.
VESSEL REVIEW | Red Jet 7 – Isle of Wight’s efficient new passenger ferry
Goodchild Marine to build high-speed pilot boat for Lowestoft
- New police rescue boat for Yorkshire and the Humber
- Shoreham Port Authority takes delivery of new tug
- World’s largest offshore wind farm now online
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials