Red Funnel’s Ro-Pax ferry Red Eagle has returned to service between Southampton, England and East Cowes on the Isle of Wight after a £3 million (US$4 million) interior refit.
The renovation replicates work carried out on Red Falcon in 2014 and Red Osprey in 2015 by Southampton-based Trimline, SMS marine engineering and Wight Shipyard Company.
Dry docked at A&P's yard in Falmouth, the vessel had its hull and superstructure repainted as part of the refit, which included increasing internal seating capacity and adding a galley, new toilets, a pet lounge, a purpose-built signature lounge with library, and a wheelchair-friendly promenade walk and sun deck.
High-capacity Wi-Fi, USB charging points, LED lighting, air conditioning and digital entertainment are other features.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Collision with tanker may have caused fishing boat to capsize, Norwegian investigators claim
- Piriou begins building OPV trio for Argentina
- Sevmash Shipbuilding launches drone-capable submarine
- Qatar Petroleum initiates shipbuilding programme for more than 100 new LNG carriers
- TechnipFMC awarded ConocoPhillips EPCI contract