Red Funnel’s Ro-Pax ferry Red Eagle has returned to service between Southampton, England and East Cowes on the Isle of Wight after a £3 million (US$4 million) interior refit.
The renovation replicates work carried out on Red Falcon in 2014 and Red Osprey in 2015 by Southampton-based Trimline, SMS marine engineering and Wight Shipyard Company.
Dry docked at A&P's yard in Falmouth, the vessel had its hull and superstructure repainted as part of the refit, which included increasing internal seating capacity and adding a galley, new toilets, a pet lounge, a purpose-built signature lounge with library, and a wheelchair-friendly promenade walk and sun deck.
High-capacity Wi-Fi, USB charging points, LED lighting, air conditioning and digital entertainment are other features.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine
- New icebreaker for Australia floated out at Damen Shipyards Galati
- Oren Shipbuilding delivers four survey boats to Dubai
- Parkol Marine Engineering launches 20m scalloper for Isle of Islay