Deltamarin has been awarded a €5 million (US$6.2 million) contract to provide consulting and engineering services for DFDS’s two new Ro-Pax ferries, which will be built by Guangzhou Shipyard International (GSI) at its yard in Nansha, China.
Under the contract with GSI, Deltamarin will provide the shipyard with basic (approval) and detailed designs, as well as Safe Return to Port documentation.
The contract will cover an estimated 13-month period.
To be delivered in 2021, the ice-class, 230-metre ferries will carry up to 600 passengers and have 4,500 lane metres for passenger vehicles and freight.
They will serve on one of DFDS’s Baltic routes connecting Lithuania to Sweden or Germany.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia