Norwegian Cruise Line hopes to begin construction in May for a new and exclusive terminal at PortMiami.
Pending final approval by the Miami-Dade County Board of County Commissioners, the project is scheduled for completion by the third quarter of 2019.
Designed by Miami-based Bermello Ajamil and Partners, the 15,468-square-metre terminal will accommodate ships of up to 5,000 passengers, and feature technology to support faster and more efficient embarkation and disembarkation processes, and expedited security screening and luggage check-in.
It will feature a dedicated lounge and service area, a new car park and valet parking area.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding