Neptune Marine has completed a four-month conversion and trials period for a multi-purpose workboat owned by France's Jifmar Offshore Services.
Jif Artemis' length has been extended to 42 metres to allow installation of a 10-metre-long central compartment into the existing hull. The resulting increase in accommodation capabilities comes in the form of additional berths, a meeting room, and a client office.
The extension has also cleared up more than 30 per cent of deck space and will enable the vessel to operate in water depths as shallow as 2.4 metres.
The conversion was carried out without compromising Jif Artemis' existing deck equipment for anchor handling, cable laying, matresses installation, and ROV support operations.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Over 200 evacuated following chemical leak on Swedish ferry
- Turkey abandons salvage efforts on sunken cargo ship
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- Prosafe platform gets fourth contract extension under Equinor