Heerema Marine Contractors has been assigned to help build the first and largest commercial offshore wind farm in the United States.
The contract for covers the transport and installation (T&I) of 84 foundations consisting of monopiles and transition pieces and appurtenant ESP platforms in the northeast of the US near the island of Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts as part of the Vineyard Wind project.
Construction is expected to start next year and the wind farm is scheduled to be operational in 2021.
The Vineyard Wind project will be situated 22 kilometres off the coast of Massachusetts and is expected to generate renewable energy for over 400,000 homes and businesses.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Tour boat damaged, five injured following collision with yacht near Aeolian Islands
- Vietnamese boat detained for illegal fishing in Southern Philippines
- Brevik Fergeselskap orders electric ferry from Holland Shipyards
- Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- US Navy issues draft RFP for corvette-sized USVs