Odfjell Drilling has signed a contract with Total for drilling offshore South Africa.
The contract value including compensation for mobilisation and demobilisation periods is estimated as being US$145 million to US$190 million plus incentives.
The company expects the drilling program to take 180 to 280 days with mobilisation to South Africa expected to start in the first quarter of 2020.
The semi-submersible platform Deepsea Stavanger will be used for the contract.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy