Maersk Drilling has been awarded a contract by Edison E&P to drill an exploration well in the North Thekah gas field in the Mediterranean offshore Egypt.
The contract is expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2019 and includes an additional one-well option.
The drilling rig Maersk Discoverer will be utilised for the contract.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Over 200 evacuated following chemical leak on Swedish ferry
- Turkey abandons salvage efforts on sunken cargo ship
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- Prosafe platform gets fourth contract extension under Equinor