Jumbo has been awarded a contract for the transportation and installation of wind turbine generator (WTG) substructures for the Yunlin offshore wind farm in Taiwan.
The contract was awarded by Yunneng Windpower Company, a Taiwanese subsidiary of wpd.
The work scope comprises the transportation of 40 monopiles, 120 monopile sections, and 40 transition pieces (TPs) as well as the offshore installation of 80 TPs.
The first transportation will commence in the fourth quarter of 2019 while installation is scheduled to take place in mid-2020.
The 640MW Yunlin offshore wind project is the first large multi-megawatt offshore wind project in Taiwan. It will be developed eight kilometres off the Taiwanese west coast and will consist of 80 turbines of the 8MW class provided by Siemens Gamesa.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Over 200 evacuated following chemical leak on Swedish ferry
- Turkey abandons salvage efforts on sunken cargo ship
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- Prosafe platform gets fourth contract extension under Equinor