Petrobras, the Libra Consortium operator, has signed a contract with the SBM Group to charter and operate the second definitive production system of Mero field located in the northwestern area of the Libra block.
The FPSO unit will be deployed in the Mero 2 project about 180 kilometres off the coast of Rio de Janeiro and at an average water depth of 2,100 metres in the pre-salt of the Santos Basin.
The platform will link up to 16 wells with a capacity to process up to 180,000 barrels of oil per day and 12 million cubic metres of gas per day. Production is expected to start in 2022.
The unit will be operated by SBM, the company in charge of its construction, with an FPSO charter period of 22.5 years.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy