Damen Shiprepair Dunkerque has completed a one-month conversion project on DEME Offshore's heavy lift jack-up Apollo.
The contract involved the installation of a moon pool on the main deck. This entailed creating an opening right through the centre of the vessel, from the main deck down through the engine stores and finally through the hull.
The conversion was carried out in anticipation of a wind farm installation contract awarded to DEME Offshore. Apollo is now in Scotland conducting work on the project.
This is Damen Shiprepair Dunkerque's second heavy lift jack-up project for DEME Offshore following an eight-day conversion carried out on Sea Installer in June 2018.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service