Damen Shipyards Group has cut the first steel for a new crawler diamond recovery vessel ordered by De Beers Marine Namibia.
At 177 metres long, the Marin Teknikk-designed vessel will be slightly larger than the current largest vessel in the De Beers Namibia fleet, the 174-metre-long Mafuta.
The vessel is Damen’s first newbuilding project for De Beers Namibia.
- Szczecin, Gdynia maritime offices to get two new research vessels in 2020
- Tainted offshore projects cause drop in Boskalis' 1H2019 EBITDA to €135.7 million
Brevik Fergeselskap orders electric ferry from Holland Shipyards
in Ro-Pax World
Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- Jianglong launches first of three patrol boats for CMSA's Fujian branch
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy