McDermott International has been awarded a contract by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) to provide front end engineering design (FEED) services on a design-competition basis for phase one of the Umm Shaif Gas Cap Condensate Development Project.
The scope of work also includes the preparation and submission of an engineering, procurement, construction, and installation (EPCI) proposal reflecting the design of the offshore facilities developed by McDermott through the FEED work. Work on the project will begin immediately.
The company has also secured a contract by Petrobras for EPCI of subsea risers and flowlines for the first phase of the Sepia field, located 280 kilometres from the Rio de Janeiro coastline in Brazil.
The project scope includes detailed engineering, surveys, supply, installation, and pre-commissioning of rigid pipelines, jumpers, buoyance modules, strakes, and riser monitoring systems for seven riser wells connected to the FPSO Carioca.
McDermott plans to use five vessels for the installation work, which is also expected to begin immediately.
- Wreck of WWII-era US patrol boat found off Maine
- New response boat delivered to US Coast Guard station in Burlington
- Nearly two million litres of oil recovered from WWII-era shipwreck off New York
- Foss' newest tug additions begin work in Alaska's North Slope
- US tug operator pleads guilty in Canada for 2016 BC oil spill