A second walk-to-work vessel ordered by Bibby Marine Services from Damen was launched in a ceremony at Damen Shipyards Galati in Romania on Friday, March 29.
The DP2 vessel was christened Bibby WaveMaster Horizon during the ceremony.
Construction began at around the same time as that of Bibby WaveMaster 1, which was delivered in September 2017.
Bibby WaveMaster Horizon is scheduled to be delivered later this year, after which it will begin maintenance work on two offshore wind farms in the German North Sea owned by Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy and EnBW.
- Shearwater awarded Senegal offshore acquisition contract
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- COLUMN | UK maritime autonomous system programmes gather momentum [Naval Gazing]
- Delivery of Russian submarine Kazan to be delayed